How to Fix Error Code 0xc004f074 on Windows 10
Windows activation error 0xc004f074 appears on the computer screen during a Windows 10 upgradation.
What happens is, while upgrading the system to Windows 10, it is required to activate your product. But unfortunately, when the user tries to do so, at times, an error code 0xc004f074 displays on the screen.
Causes Behind Error Code 0xc004f074 on Windows 10
Some common reasons behind the appearance of the error code 0xc004f074 include:
- Differences between KMS client and KMS hosts
- Pirated version of Windows OS
- Inactive Windows key and file copies
Easy Techniques to Fix Error Code 0xc004f074 on Windows 10
Before moving into the specific solutions, check whether your Windows copy is updated. If not, then make sure to do so. After that, follow the easy techniques provided below to get rid of Error Code 0xc004f074.
Fix 1: Use slmgr.vbs command
Firstly, we will try to solve the error code by slmgr.vbs command. Here is how you can successfully do so.
- Go to Start and open the Command Prompt by right-clicking on it. Make sure to run it as an administrator.
- If you see a prompt appearing on screen, click on Yes. Type the following command in the Command Prompt window
- “slmgr.vbs –ipk YYYYY- YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY” (instead of Y’s enter the product key number)
- Press Enter and then write this command
- “slmgr.vbs –ato”
- Press Enter again
Restart the system and check if the problem persists. If it does, then follow the next solution.
Fix 2: Try the Slui.exe 3 command
This is the other command using which you should be able to fix this error code easily. To implement it, follow the steps provided below.
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run window. Type “ Slui 3” and then press Enter.
- Insert the 25 digit product key and then hit Enter again.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to change the product key.
- Restart your system and see if the error code got resolved or not.
Fix 3: Run an SFC Scan
If the error code still appears, then there are chances that your system consists of corrupted files and thus it needs to be repaired. To do so, we will have to run an sfc scan on the system. Here is how you can do so.
- Go to Start and type cmd within the search box.
- Click on the search result and then type sfc /scannow within the Command Prompt.
- This will run an sfc scan for your system. After doing so, restart your system.
Fix 4: Run the Troubleshooter
The error might also occur due to bugs within your system. If such is the cause behind this error code then run a troubleshooter to fix error code 0xc004f074. Follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings>Update and Security>Troubleshoot
- Now, Navigate to Troubleshoot> Windows update.
This must locate all the bugs and repair it for you immediately.
Fix 5: Perform a Reset
If all the methods mentioned above fails to fix the error code for you then reset your system and check whether it works for you or not. To do so, execute the steps given below
- Go to Windows settings
- Then navigate to Update and security>recovery>reset this pc.