Fix Error Code 80070103 With Efficient Solutions
When the Windows try to update the device drivers on your system, error code 80070103 can occur. Besides, after upgrading to the Windows 10 OS, when the Windows attempt in updating all the pending updates, at such times, you might encounter this error. Basically, this Windows error is quite widespread and has been staying for a long time. Unlike the other Windows errors, this glitch doesn’t stay for a long time. Therefore, this particular bug is not related to the updates to your OS. Instead, this error come comes forward when you are trying to install a driver which is already installed on your system. Whenever you find such an issue on your device, you can thoroughly follow this post and fix this glitch on your own.
Possible Reasons for the Windows update error code 80070103
There are multiple instances when you might face Windows update failed 80070103 error code. LIst of the possible causes are enlisted in the section below:
- If you install the same device driver which you already installed on your PC, at such times, this kind of glitch can appear.
- Besides, if you run an outdated or corrupted device driver, then there is a high chance that you get such Windows error code 80070103.
- While attempting to update your Windows Operating System, if you get stuck with such an error code, then the issue is always either an internal conflict issue or a proxy issue.
- Apart from these, if you install a device driver which is not completely compatible with your system, it might also be a cause.
Now, you are well accustomed to the potential causes which prompt this issue. But, before going to the troubleshooting section, you need to know which device drivers are causing such glitch.
How do you know which device drivers are causing the problem?
In order to recognize which device drivers are responsible for such error code, you need to check the update history of Windows Update and identify the problematic device driver. On the first line of the update history, if you didn’t find the driver, then scroll a bit:
- At first, press Windows +S function keys all together in order to initiate the Run dialog box.
- Now, in the Run dialog box, enter “Windows Update”.
- Then, open the application.
- After that, you are in the Windows Update, here, you can press the ‘View Installed Update History’ button.
- Now, you can see a list of successful and failed updates
- Here, you need to locate the problematic device driver.
Easy Hacks to Resolve the error code 80070103
There are various actions that you can employ to fix such a Windows glitch. As here, in this segment, we have enlisted all the possible fixes with complete steps for this issue. Therefore, take a glimpse below:
Solution 1: Update the device drivers
Before trying the other fixes, you have to be sure that every device drivers are kept up-to-date and also check whether they are running correctly or not. As we already mentioned that, such kind of error usually appears if the device drivers are corrupted or damaged. In that case, you required to update the device drivers. You can perform this action by using the Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Primarily, you need to go to My Computer and select the Properties button.
- When done, simply tap on the Device Manager that you find it on the left-hand side.
- Now, click on the yellow marked device driver and then, look for the Update Driver Software option.
- Once you find this option, you can hit the Search Automatically For Update Driver Software button.
After this process, simply install it and then, scan your system for obsolete device drivers. Now, you can install the other device drivers that you need to be updated.
If this process does not work for you, then you can use the below steps:
At first, you need to hit the Start icon in order to initiate the Run dialog box. After that, on the Run dialog box, you can type “devmgmt.msc” and press the Enter key. Once you are done, simply expand the Device Manager. You can do it by tapping over the yello0w marked device. Now, just right-click on the device and search for the Update Driver button. Once you locate that button, simply click on that button and select the Browse My Computer For Driver Software option. If there is an available driver then hit the Install button as well as the OK button in order to finish the process. Once the process is over, simply reboot your PC and check if the issue gets eliminated.
Solution 2: Hide the Update
You can also resolve such Windows error code 80070103 by performing this reliable method. This method works for many users, so you can also try out this process. Therefore, in order to avoid Windows update from proceeding for installation, you can just hide the update. To do this process, you have to follow the below steps as this solution comes with the following steps:
- Firstly, select the Start icon and launch the Run dialog box.
- There, simply enter “Windows Update.”
- Now, tap on that button.
- After that, you have to search for and select the Optional Updates Are Available link.
- Then, hit the Optional button and click the Select The Updates You Want To Install button.
- Next, simply press that update that you require to hide, then simply tap on the Hide update button.
- After this process, just hit the OK button as well as the Instal Updates button to install the extra updates that are selected. Once you are done, the error might appear again.
Solution 3: Reinstall the device drivers
It might happen that newly installed application or device drivers are creating the issue. In such situations, you have to install the device drivers. To do so, click on the start icon first. Then, hit the Continue button. Next, go to the list of the devices section and find that particular device which is not functioning well. Now, simply right-click o the device and select the Properties button. Then, navigate to the Driver tab where you can find the Uninstall button. Just click on it and hit the OK button. Once you are done, simply follow the on-screen directions in order to finish the further process.
Solution 4: Configure the Proxy Server and Settings
An incorrect configuration of the proxy server might be the cause of such error code 80070103. In that case, the given steps should allow you to check the proxy server.
Therefore, you have to press the Windows key + R together in order to initiate the Search box. There, you need to enter “cmd” then press the Enter key. Now, open the Command Prompt. Then, into the Command Prompt, type “netsh winhttp show proxy”
After following these steps, you can see the Proxy Server settings. Thus, you can check your systems integrity in the action that you get stuck with an error message says “Direct Access (no proxy server)” So, you have to follow the given instructions as this should be helpful.
- Press the Windows logo key + R function keys all together in order to initiate the Command Prompt. Now, in the Command Prompt, just type “cmd”
- Then, into the Prompt, enter “sfc/scannow? The hit the Enter key.
This process will start detecting and fixing the internal bug that prompt such Windows error.
Summing It Up:
These are the complete solutions to follow whenever you encounter such a kind of Windows error. We hope, this post will surely help you to get rid of this issue quickly. If not, you can also revert in our comments section which is added only for you.