Microsoft Office Click To Run High Disk Usage [FIXED]
“Microsoft Office Click-to-Run” is an exclusive feature that utilizes streaming and visualization technology. It helps MS Office to install and run on your computer. But, sometimes, it uses much RAM that gradually slows down your device. Avoiding it is not at all an easy task. However, you can uninstall it from your computer to reduce the disk usage.
In this post, we will discuss how to solve Microsoft Office Click to Run high disk usage issues in Windows 10. Hence, you can follow every solution very carefully.
Fixes for Microsoft Office Click to Run High Disk Usage Windows 10
To get rid of Click-to-Run, which is using the maximum RAM, follow these steps one by one. These are the possible solutions that can solve your problem.
Solution 1: Turn off Click-to-Run Service
To eliminate the “Microsoft Office Click to Run high disk usage” issue, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel”. Click on Administrative Tools and go to “Services”. In the “Services” dialog box, find the “Microsoft Office Click-to-Run” option.
- Now, right-click on it and select “Properties”. After that, from the “General” tab find the “Startup Type”. As you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear. From there, select “Disable”.
- Click “OK” and reboot your computer.
Solution 2: Select Office Version Without Click-to-Run Feature
Selecting the particular Office suite that doesn’t contain the “Click-to-Run” feature is a great idea to resolve this error. In that case, you have to visit Microsoft’s official download page.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account with a proper user id and password. Now, click on “My Account” on the top of the page. Here, you will be able to see all your downloaded files from this site.
- Next, select the “Advanced Options” and you will see the list of Office products. Look from top to bottom by scrolling down and find the version of Office listed without the “Click-to-Run” feature.
- Download and install it. Make sure that you select the latest version of MS Office which doesn’t contain the feature.
Solution 3: Remove Click-to-Run Feature
Uninstalling or removing the feature can also avoid “Microsoft Office Click to Run high disk usage Windows 10”. To perform this procedure, go to “My Computer” and click on the “Uninstall or change” option. From the list of programs, find and select “Microsoft Office Click-to-Run” and hit the “Uninstall” option present there.
Wait for a few moments, follow the procedure accordingly and it’s all done. Hopefully, the “Microsoft Office Click-to-Run” feature won’t overuse RAM again.
We hope that you have succeeded in uninstalling the “Click-to-Run” feature from your system. In case, the disk usage problem persists even after disabling this application then feel free to ask your query with our experts.