How To Fix Microsoft Office Error Code 30180 4
Microsoft Office error code 30180-4 is an annoying error that appears on your PC’s screen while installing or uninstalling the Microsoft Office application on the system.
This error code comes with the error message that says:
Something Went Wrong. We’re sorry, we couldn’t install Office. place make sure you’re connected to the internet, then retry your installation. Error Code: 30180-4.
When encountered, the above error message will appear on the screen and as a result, you will be unable to uninstall or install the Microsoft Office application on your computer.
Reasons Behind Microsoft Office Error Code 30180 4
There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of this error code while installing the Microsoft Office on your system. Some of the common factors that cause this error are:
- Windows firewall
- Security software.
- Incomplete installation file of Microsoft Office.
- Incorrect proxy settings or problems with an internet connection.
- Corrupted installation file of Microsoft Office
- Virus or malware infection.
- An outdated version of the driver and OS
- Missing system files.
In order to fix this issue, you need to follow the next section to get all the effective fixes for the Microsoft Office error code 30180 4.
Ten Effective Fixes to Solve Microsoft Office Error Code 30180 4
There are various solutions to fix the error code 30180 4 on your computer. Here, we are listing out some of the useful fixes to resolve this particular error.
Fix 1 – Repair the Microsoft Office Application
Corrupted system files can definitely result in this error code on your computer. So, you need to repair it by following these steps:
- Click on the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Once you are in the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs & Features section.
- Locate Microsoft Office, select it. After that, click on the Change option.
- Choose the Quick Repair and then click on the Repair option.
- If you find that Quick Repair did not fix this problem, choose the Online Repair button and then click on the Repair option.
- After finishing the repair process, reboot your computer and then try to install the Microsoft office application.
Fix 2 – Disable the Proxy Settings
If your system is connected with an Ethernet cable, then it is recommended to disable the Proxy Settings from the system. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to the Settings window and double-click on the Network & Internet section.
- From the Network & Internet window, select the Ethernet tab on the left panel.
- On the right, go to the Proxy section and turn off ‘Automatic Proxy Settings’ and ‘Use setup Script’ by moving the toggle from on to off to disable.
- After performing these steps, reboot your computer and then try to install Microsoft Office to check if the error code still shows up or not.
Fix 3 – Turn Off Windows Firewall
Sometimes, Windows Firewall can block the Microsoft Office from the installing. So, before installing it, you need to turn it off. The following steps will help you:
- Launch Control Panel and go to the Windows Firewall section.
- On the Windows Firewall window, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on and off option from the left panel.
- On the right, tick the ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ option from both Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings.
- After that, click on the OK option to save the changes.
Fix 4 – Uninstall Security Software
The security software you are using can also be responsible for the Microsoft Office error code 30180-4. So, you can remove it to fix this error. Here are the steps for doing so:
- Press the Win + I buttons to open the Settings window.
- Go to the Apps section and choose the Apps & Features tab on the left panel.
- From the Apps & Features tab, find the security software, select it. After that, click on the Uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, restart the device.
Fix 5 – Remove the Office Scheduled Tasks
One of the easy ways by which you can eliminate this error code from the system is to remove the Office scheduled tasks. Go through these steps:
- Right-click on the Windows Home icon to open the WinX menu list and select Command Prompt(Admin).
- From the Command Prompt window, type the following commands one-by-one and then hit the Enter button after typing each.
- schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Automatic Updates”
- schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Subscription Maintenance”
- schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office ClickToRun Service Monitor”
- Once executed, check if the problem is solved or not.
Fix 6 – Reinstall the Microsoft Office Application
Another effective fix that can help you to solve error code 30180-4 on the device is to reinstall Microsoft Office. Take a look at the steps given below:
- Open the Control Panel window and go to the Programs & Features section.
- Find Microsoft Office, click on it. After that, select the Uninstall option to start the removal process.
- After uninstalling it, install it again.
- To install it, go to the official website of Microsoft and search for the latest version of the Microsoft Office application.
- After that, download it and then install it properly.
- Once the installation process is done, restart the computer.
Fix 7 – Remove Office Files
Removing Office files can also fix this error code on your PC. Perform the following steps:
- Press Win + R buttons to launch the Run box.
- Type %ProgarmFiles% and then press the Enter button or click on the OK button.
- Locate the Microsoft Office folder, right-click on it to launch the menu list. Here, you’ll see the Delete option, select it.
Fix 8 – Update Device Drivers
In order to fix this error, it is necessary to keep the device drivers up to date. Follow these directions:
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Locate the driver with a yellow mark and then right-click on it.
- Select the Update Software Driver option to start the update process.
Fix 9 – Remove Temporary Files
Temporary files can also prevent the Microsoft Office application from installing. So, you can remove them from the device. To do that:
- Launch the Run box.
- Type %temp% and then click on the OK option or press the Enter key.
- Select all the items from the Temporary folder and then press the Delete button on the keyboard.
- Once you are done with these steps, reboot your device and then install the Microsoft Office.
Fix 10 – Install Microsoft Office using the Microsoft Offline Installer
If the above fixes do not help you out then you can try to use the Microsoft Offline Installer to install the Microsoft Offline application. Follow these directions:
- Visit the official website of Microsoft and download the Microsoft Offline Installer.
- Once it is downloaded, install it properly.
- After installing it, try to install the Microsoft Offline on your PC.