Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has Stopped Working – Here is the Fix
Microsoft Windows operating systems are the most popular computer operating systems that you can find. But using this you will find that this is not going to be free of trouble completely.
If you see that the Microsoft setup Bootstrapper has stopped working, then that is an indicator of such problems.
Many users have reported this and it causes their computer system to stop working altogether. Now, this Microsoft setup bootstrapper issue is something that you will be able to fix all by yourself. All the instructions that you might need for that, you are going to find right here.
More than that, there are other important details as well that we are going to go over. Read further to find out all about that.
Why the Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has Stopped Working
Before we go ahead and discuss all the solutions that you can use to fix this problem. We need to lay the proper groundwork to make sure you will be able to execute the instructions properly.
What we are going to discuss in this section are all the reasons why you might be facing this issue. Along with that, you are going to have a sound understanding of what the problem actually signifies.
On top of that, you will be able to avoid a lot of adverse issues that might have occured. That usually happens when you try to tweak system settings, without much knowledge of it.
- The first reason why Microsoft setup Bootstrapper has stopped working is corrupt registry entries. Due to reasons of faulty installation, a lot of files in the system registry can get corrupt.
- Sometimes virus attacks can result in a lot of corrupt system files, which in turn would affect the registry. Thus, corrupt registry files can either cause this problem directly, or it can indirectly affect a pathway.
- The bootstrapper system from Microsoft is a very effective means for launching programs smoothly. However, any issue with this and all the system files that work with it can be damaging to the system.
So, here you have the main reasons for which Microsoft setup Bootstrapper has stopped working. Now, let us have a look at the solutions to this problem.
2 Solutions when You See that Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has Stopped Working
In this section, we will be going over 2 different ways in which you can fix this problem. Carefully go through the instructions before you execute them. Once you complete all of that, you will be able to fix this problem for good.
Activate the Task Scheduler Feature
Using Task Scheduler can be a very good way to fix this problem. Here is how you can use that.
- Launch the Registry Editor of Windows, by clicking on the Start option on the home screen. Then, type in Regedit and select that option from the list of results.
- Now, after the Registry Editor window comes up on your screen, select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option from the right side of the window.
- Look for the SYSTEM option from here and click on it as you find it.
- After this, look for the CurrentControlSet option, and click on it to expand. Within that select the Services option.
- You will now have to click on the Schedule button, also on the right side of the window.
- Double-click on the Start Entry option after this and set its value from 2 in the Start, to 4. Finally, click on the OK button to close the window.
As you have done all of this, you will have to restart your computer. That is going to fix the problem for you.
Install MS Office After a Clean Boot of your System
If the Microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped working office 2013 in the system, then the following is the way in which you will be able to fix the problem.
- Open up the Run dialogue box of Windows, by pressing the Windows key and the R key.
- Now, in the text entry panel of the Run dialogue box, type in msconfig.exe and press the Enter key.
- You are now going to see the System Configuration window and within that click on the Selective Commisioning option.
- Click on the checkboxes to deselect the options that are there. After that, click on the Apply button to apply the setting changes.
- You might get a prompt after this for the purpose of system restart. For this, you will have to click on the Yes button.
- The Clean Boot mode of windows is going to start from here on.
Once you are in the Clean Boot mode in Windows, you will now have to install MS Office. You will not face the particular error, this time around.
So, here you have 2 solutions for when Microsoft setup Bootstrapper has stopped working. In case of any doubts and queries for which you want clarifications quickly, you can join in on the comments section down below. And for similar articles, go through our website and you will get all of that.