What To Do When Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 Encountered An Error During Setup?
Microsoft Office is an immensely important tool that you need for professional purposes. However, many users have reported facing a peculiar error while setting up the MS Office Professional Plus.
It produces a message that reads ‘ Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup’. This issue can be highly frustrating since a lot of your office work depends on this application.
However, do not worry about this error if you are experiencing it right now. In this article, we’ve brought some easy solutions to tackle this error. So, make sure to go through these solutions and implement them accordingly.
Reason Why Office 2016 Encountered an Error During Setup Process
Before we proceed to the solutions, let’s have a look at some of the factors responsible for this error. MS Office can face issues with the setup if there’s a conflict between a 32-bit application and a 64-bit system.
You can also encounter this issue with the setup due to some conflict with the antivirus application. The firewall of your antivirus can potentially stop the MS Office application from installing smoothly.
Try These Fixes when Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 Encountered an Error During Setup
Troubleshooting this error isn’t a difficult task at all. In this section, we’ve laid down some of the easy hacks. Follow them accordingly to resolve the issue without any technical assistance.
Use Task Scheduler
One of the best ways to solve any setup issue with MS Office is to use Task Scheduler. So, go through these steps to try this fix.
- At first, go to the Windows Search bar. Now, in the bar, type and search ‘task Scheduler’.
- When you find the application, click on it. This will prompt the ‘Task Scheduler Library’ to open and expand further.
- After this, find the Microsoft folder. Right-click on it and then choose the ‘Delete’ option.
- Once you have completed these steps, perform the setup process once again. Check if the process is working smoothly. If not, then you must move on to the next solution.
Make Use of Windows Troubleshooter
Every Windows device comes with a Troubleshooter application. This allows you to troubleshoot any technical issue that your device face. To eliminate the issue when Office 2016 encountered an error during setup, launch the Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to perform this solution:
- Begin by clicking on the ‘Start’ button and tap on the gear icon. This will open the ‘Settings’ page.
- Click on the ‘Updates and Security’ option and then go to ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Try to look for the ‘Windows apps troubleshooter’ and then click on it. The application will start to run immediately. Usually, this application is present at the bottom of the list.
- Once the process is complete, you’ve to restart your device.
Disable the Antivirus
As mentioned earlier, your antivirus can be the main culprit. The firewall of your antivirus can cause obstructions in the setup process of MS Office. So, to resolve the error, you need to temporarily disable the firewall.
In case, the error still persists, you’ll have to turn off the antivirus application. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the logo or icon of the antivirus application that you are using.
- Right-click on it and then tap on the ‘Disable’ button. Try installing the MS Office once again.
In case you have multiple antivirus applications, disable them individually through this process.
Rename Microsoft Help Folder
Another way to enable the MS Office installation and setup process is to rename the “Microsoft Help” folder. So, go through these steps to successfully rename the Help folder:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘R’ key together to open the Run dialog box. In this box, type ‘%programdata%’ and press Enter.
- Thereafter, find the ‘Microsoft Help’ folder and rename it to ‘Microsoft Help.old’
- Finally, restart your PC and check if the Microsoft Office 2016 encountered an error after renaming the folder.
Remove and Reinstall MS Office
If you’ve followed all the solutions carefully but, it failed to solve the issue, try this final solution. The last resort for you is to delete and reinstall the MS Office application.
Uninstall MS Office and Remove Every Traces
Before you can reinstall a fresh application you need to uninstall it entirely. Here’s how you can do it:
- Download an uninstallation tool from Microsoft’s Support page. It will remove all the files of MS Office application from your system effectively.
- Launch this tool on your system and get rid of the residual files. For this, you’ve to run the Registry Editor.
- Press ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ key to open the Run dialog box. Thereafter, type the command ‘regedit’ in it. This will open the Registry Editor.
- Locate the following key:
- Thereafter, right-click on this key and click on the ‘Delete’ option.
So, you’ve uninstalled the existing MS Office from your system and got rid of the residual files as well. Now, its time to reinstall it back to your system. Hence, check the version of your MS Office that is compatible with your system. Then, install the setup file and reinstall MS Office.
Note: If you own a 32-bit system make sure to use a 32-bit MS Office variant. The same rule follows for the 64-bit system as well.
To sum up, MS Office is undoubtedly a crucial tool for day-to-day work. Any error with it can hamper your tasks greatly. So, if Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup, you need to resolve it at the earliest.
The solutions presented in this article will help you to troubleshoot this installation error. However, if you still fail to solve it, you might need to go for some additional fixes. For that, you can post your queries and MS Office issues in the comment section below.