Outlook Error 0x8004010f occurs when you access your Exchange Mailbox data through OST file. You can face this error while synchronizing an offline address book. It is because of failed synchronization between Outlook and Exchange. This error indicates that a specified Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
Therefore, you will need to eliminate this error as quickly as possible from your Outlook account. Otherwise, you cannot send or receive emails with your Outlook account. Follow this article and you will find effective ways to eradicate this error.
What Causes Outlook Error 0x8004010f?
- The error mostly occurs due to a corrupted Outlook data file.
- An incorrect configuration while accessing Outlook data (OST) file can lead to this error.
- Virus, malware or other malicious programs can enter your Outlook account and corrupt your Outlook profile.
- You can encounter Outlook Error 0x8004010f if you transfer the OST data file to another location on your PC.
- You previous Outlook version may upgrade a PST file and use it for a certain purpose. When you copy that old PST file, you may encounter this error.
- PST files are prone to corruptions due to its larger size. An accidental shutdown of your computer can also affect the PST files.
How Can You Get Permanent Rid Of Outlook Error 0x8004010f?
The solution of this problem depends upon its reason. If you want to fix this problem without external support, then analyze the issue carefully. Sometimes Windows display sending reported error 0x8004010f when Outlook data file cannot be accessed at the time of downloading Offline Address Book files. It will be easier for you to select the best alternative for resolving this issue. Move onwards to find all the possible causes of this error code.
Create a new Outlook profile
- This method applies to repair a corrupted profile. To do this, go to ‘Control panel’ and select ‘Mail.’
- Choose your Current Outlook profile and select ‘Properties.’
- Click on ‘Data Files’ and the ‘Account Settings’ dialog box opens.
- Select ‘Data Files’ again and see the name and location of default Outlook profile.
- Once you find the default Outlook profile, Outlook profile, close it and exit your account.
Now open the ‘Control Panel’ and click ‘Show Profiles.’ Windows show you a list of profiles, from there select your account. Now click on ‘Add’ and type the username for your new profile. It opens the ‘Add Account’ dialog box where you need to enter your login credentials. After completing the configuration, click ‘Finish’ to end the process.
Configure the new Outlook profile as the default
Open ‘Control Panel’ and click ‘Show Profiles’ in the mail setup dialog box. Enable ‘Always use this profile’ option. Then select your new profile from the drop-down menu and set it as the default profile.
Fix faults in the OST and PST files
Exchange servers may suffer from technical issues or may be under maintenance. In such a situation, you can continue your work with the OST files. When the server comes back by removing the technical issues, it restores the changes made to your PST account. Hence, it is important to fix the faults in the OST files with the help of an expert. You also need to approach a software specialist to fix corruptions in the PST file.
Get First-string Solutions For Outlook Issues
After reading this article, if you feel a requirement to consult a software specialist, then connect with our support team. Our experienced experts use innovative ways to solve Windows related issues within the least possible time. The experts are available round the clock to provide budget-friendly services at your doorstep. Therefore, register your problem at Outlook Support Number +1-888-869-4549 and again make your Outlook account user-friendly. If you have further queries, then chat with the experts and clear your doubts regarding Outlook Error 0x8004010f.