Fix “Stop, You Should Wait to install Office 2016” on Win 10
Microsoft Office consists of applications like Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other beneficial products. But while updating the Microsoft Office, sometimes, you will be notified with “Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016” message.
When you receive this message, you won’t be able to receive any mails in the current mailbox. You will get this error if you are using an outdated version of Microsoft Office. However, users reported viewing this error in the Office 2013 version as well.
This generally occurs if the installed 2013 standalone apps are interfering with the Office 2016. Thus, you will face random issues while installing Microsoft Office.
Methods to Solve the “Stop, You Should Wait to install Office 2016” Error Message
In this section, we are about to mention the possible way-outs to fix the Microsoft Office 2016 error. By just implementing the below-mentioned methods you will be able to update or install the application.
Method 1: Update Microsoft Office
In most cases, you will get this error message for not updating the application for a long time. In that case, you need to update the Software. And to get the latest version of the Office, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Microsoft Office application and go to the File section.
- From there, tap on the Account option.
Note: If you are using Microsoft Outlook, you need to go to the File section and then tap on the Office Account.
- Go to the Product Information section. Now, search for the Update Options and tap on it.
- Click on the Update Now button next.
Now, after updating the application, try to install the application. Check if you are able to proceed or not.
If not, then you need to move to the next section to stop getting the error message.
Method 2: Remove the Conflicting 2013 App
Using the standalone 2013 app such as Word 2013 can cause interruptions while you are trying to install Microsoft Office 2016. In that case, you need to remove the conflicting apps from the device.
To do that, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- At the time of installing Office 2016, tap on the Install Anyway option.
- Next, open the Microsoft Outlook and you will again get an error message.
- Tap on the Ok button next. You will get another error message.
- Tap on the OK button again.
Now, wait for a while and you will be able to install the Microsoft Office. Open the Microsoft Office and verify the occurrence of the “Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016” message.
Furthermore, you can also get this error in all the Office 365 related applications, such as in, Office 365 Admin, Office 365 Home, office 365 Home business and so on. Thus, you can follow our website to eliminate all the problems.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you need to uninstall all Office applications before installing the latest Office 2016?
You don’t need to uninstall the Old Office suite to install the latest version. But if there is inadequate space in the disk, you should first uninstall the old version of Office first and then install the latest version of Office 2016 in the device.
How to Uninstall Office 2013 in Windows 10?
Uninstalling any program from Windows 10 is quite easy and Office 2016 is not an exception among them. To uninstall Office 2013, you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the “Start” button and from there, go to the Start Search box.
- In the search box, write “Control”. Hit the “Enter” button next.
- You will be prompted with the “Control Panel” option in the selected results.
- Tap on the “Control Panel” option and this will open the “Control Panel” window.
- Go to the “Program section” next. Next, tap on the “Programs and Features”.
- From the search for the “Office 2013’ software and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “Uninstall” option.
After tapping on the Uninstall option, the Office 2013 will get completely removed from the device. Now, you can install the Office 2016.