Fix Windows Activation Error 0x8007007b With Simple & Easy Solutions
Basically, Windows activation error 0x8007007b can occur when users attempt to activate the Windows Operating System. Mostly, you find the error code on Windows 10. Users usually get this error when they try to install Windows with the help of the volume-licensed media. After inserting the license key, the error code 0x8007007b pop up.
Therefore, we have listed some effective solution to this annoying problem. So, go through the article, thoroughly and find the most effective solution to assist you.
Easy Ways to Resolve Windows Activation Error 0x8007007b
Particularly, error 0x8007007b refers to the wrong files which can affect the installation and activation process negatively. While updating the OS you get the Windows activation code 0x8007007b. Hence, move your way down where we have mentioned some solutions and find the proper solution for you.
Method 1: Use Multiple Activation Key in place of the Key Management Service
You might face some situations where the Key Management Service(KMS) activation key does not work properly. Several reasons are responsible for that. Hence, you find that the KMS key does work, you need to put Multiple Activation Key. This key is recommended by Microsoft. If the KMS key will responsible for the error code then put MAK. Here’s what you have to do:
- Firstly, tap on the Windows icon and in the search box type cmd to open Command Prompt. After that, enter the Run as Administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt section, enter “slmgr -ipk” and insert the product key. In addition, the product should consist of 25 digits both in alphanumeric code.
- After inserting the product key, verify the key and then press the Enter button to submit it.
- Wait for a while. A Windows Host Script will appear on your screen saying that the product key installed and activated successfully.
Method 2: Run System File Checker
A corrupt system file can prevent the activation code of your Windows. Hence, to get rid of this, try to run System File Checker option. It will automatically fix the issue. To do so, execute the undermentioned steps:
- At first, open Command Prompt and then, right-click the Run as Administrator option.
- In the command section, type sfc/scannow and then press the Enter button.
- Wait until the setup process finished. If the scanning process is able to find the corrupted files associated with the Windows Activation error 0x8007007b, the damaged files will automatically be repaired.
- Lastly, reboot the system and try to activate the Windows again.
These steps will definitely help you to resolve the issue. But before that, you need to make sure that the product key is still valid.
Method 3: Use SLUI 3
In order to fix the error, you need to use Software Licensing User Interface(SLUI). To perform the steps, follow the undermentioned instructions:
Launch the Command Prompt and type “SLUI 3” in the command box and press the Enter button.
Insert the product key which is provided by the Microsoft for recovery purposes.
After that, click the Activate option to activate the key. Then, restart the system and wait for 10-15 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the system again and check the activation error code still appear or not.
We certainly hope that you managed to fix the error code 0x8007007b with the help of the above solutions. Perform all the steps as instructed and cure the problem. Nevertheless, in case of any confusions, give us your feedback in the section underneath.