Xbox One Startup Error: Brilliant Tricks To Fix This Issue
Xbox gaming consoles designed by Microsoft are quite popular among the gamers of the present generation. Besides the console, Xbox also has gaming applications, streaming services like Xbox Live, and more. Though being one of the best gaming brands, it isn’t completely free from technical glitches. Users often mention coming across problems like Xbox One startup error. Among the startup errors, e105 has become very much discussed recently.
So, if your Xbox is showing a similar kind of problem, there is no reason to worry. There are many ways through which you can easily fix the problem.
What Is Xbox One Startup Error?
The Xbox one startup error e105 has become quite a frequently reported issue. Usually, the system freezes at the time of startup due to the problem. For which, an error message prompted on your screen and asks you to restart the device. Sometimes it also displays ‘something went wrong’ on your screen when this error generates.
Moreover, Xbox error e105 can also be for a hardware related issue like corrupt HDD or not connected properly.
Xbox One Startup Error E105- Best Troubleshooting Methods
In case you are getting this problem and want an easy solution to resolve by yourself, we have you covered. Here, you can go through the following procedures that will definitely fix the Xbox error e105:
Solution 1: Restart The Xbox Console
- Click on the Xbox button and open the guide. You can open the guide from any screen when the console is powered on.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- Choose the ‘Restart Console’ option.
- Select ‘Yes’ and confirm the restart process.
On the other hand, if you can’t access the guide due to frozen console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds until it turns off. When the console is off, use the power button to start the console again.
Solution 2: Run Power Cycle
First, power off the Xbox console, press and hold the Xbox button for at least 10 seconds and it’ll shut down. Again press the Xbox button on your controller to turn on the console. You’ll see a green boot-up animation during the console startup. In case you can’t see the animation, repeat these steps.
Solution 3: Reconnect The Power Cable
- Switch off the console and disconnect the power cable and wait for about 10 seconds for the residual power to drain.
- Then plug in the power cord back in again.
- Now, turn on the Xbox One console by pressing the power button.
Solution 4: Restore Faculty Defaults
Turn off your Xbox console and detach the power cable to make sure that the console is completely shut down.
- Wait until 30 seconds. Then, reconnect the power cord back to the console.
- Now, press and hold the BIND button on the left side of the Xbox console. And, tap the EJECT button. After that, press the Xbox power button.
- Next, hold down both the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds on your console. You’ll get two ‘power-up’ notifications one after the other. Release both the buttons once you hear the second beep.
- The console will automatically power up and open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. You can reset the console from Xbox Troubleshooter with the help of D-pad and A button of the controller.
- Click on ‘Reset this Xbox’ and then ‘Remove everything’. Restoring factory settings should help your console should work correctly.
The steps given above will resolve your issue regarding the Xbox one startup error. But if you cannot fix the Xbox error e105 after following the above methods, don’t worry as we can help you get rid of this problem properly. Reach out to our customer support team, and we will continue to assist you until and unless you troubleshoot the problem entirely.
We understand how frustrating it becomes if Xbox does not start properly. So, get in touch with us at our toll-free phone number +1-800-204-6959. Send us an email addressing your problems to our email address. You can also avail our live chat support and talk to our engineers directly and get a proper solution to your problem.