OneDrive Error: “You’re Syncing a Different Account” (Fixed)
Microsoft OneDrive is one of the most popular cloud storage services. Not only Windows users but also users of other operating systems can also get benefitted from this service. Well, this service is not free from glitches. One of the most annoying errors of this service is OneDrive You’re syncing a different account.
If you are dealing with the same issue and don’t know how to overcome it, then not to worry. We have presented the ways through which you can eradicate the error. This error can also pop up due to the incompatibility of multiple OneDrive or Microsoft accounts. Well, whatever the reason be, let’s try to resolve the issue.
How to Fix OneDrive You’re Syncing a Different Account?
You can notice the OneDrive You’re syncing a different account error while you try to sign in to the OneDrive account. Moreover, you fail to log in to the account. Let’s check out how you can overcome this issue.
On Windows Operating System:
If you are using a Windows device and encountering the same problem along with the error message, then you need to follow the guidelines below.
- Tap the Start menu. Next, type ‘credentials’ in the Search box. Choose the Credentials Manager among the results showing up on the screen.
- After that, you have to click the Windows Credentials tab in the new window.
- Locate the OneDrive Cached Credentials option under the Generic Credentials section.
Once you have followed all the above-mentioned steps, try restarting OneDrive. OneDrive should launch as usual.
On the Mac Operating System:
If you are using a MacBook and encounter this OneDrive error on your MacBook, then this fix is for you. Go through the simple guidelines depicted below.
- Go to the Spotlight of your MacBook. Search for ‘keychain’. Choose the Keychain Access option from the results showing up on the screen.
- If you can’t locate the Keychain Access option, then navigate to the Utility folder. Locate the Keychain Access option here and opt for it.
- Next, you have to look for the OneDrive option, there.
- Choose the OneDrive Cached Credential option to delete.
Now, you can try restarting OneDrive. Now, you can expect OneDrive running error-free.
If these fixes don’t work, then what to do? Then, you have to uninstall and reinstall OneDrive on your system to get rid of the issue. Follow the upcoming section for a tutorial on how to reinstall OneDrive.
How to Reinstall OneDrive on Windows Operating System?
This solution can relieve you from the OneDrive You’re syncing a different account issue, permanently. Follow the guidelines step-by-step to accomplish the task.
- Open a Run dialog box just by pressing the Win+R from the keyboard.
- Fill it with ‘appwiz.cpl’. Then press the OK button.
- Locate the Microsoft OneDrive application there. Select the application and opt for the Uninstall option.
- Make sure that the application gets uninstalled. Now, you have to reinstall the application.
- Visit the official website of Microsoft OneDrive to download it again. Let the installer get installed on your Windows device.
After proper download and installation, try to open and log in to the OneDrive account. The issue should be resolved now.
How to Reinstall OneDrive on Mac Operating System?
If you are using OneDrive on MacBook and have already applied the above fix, but of no use, then you can definitely try this one. Reinstalling the OneDrive application on your MacBook ensures a proper installation without any corrupt files. Go through the instructions below.
- Locate the icon of OneDrive on your system. Click on the icon and drag it to the Trash.
- Next, you have to go to the official website of Microsoft OneDrive. Opt for the Download option to get the app according to your System Preferences.
- Confirm all the prompts to enable the installation of the app.
After the app has been installed on your device, try launching it. Check out if the error still exists.
What to Do for OneDrive You’re Already Syncing this Account Issue on Mac?
We are discussing an extra but similar scenario of OneDrive error only on macOS. The issue is that ‘You’re already syncing this account’ message on OneDrive. You can’t sign in to OneDrive due to this error. If you have encountered the same, then use the following steps to recover from the error.
- Use the Spotlight search to look for ‘Keychain’. Choose the Keychain Access option.
- If you can’t find the Keychain Access menu, then you have to go to the Utility folder. Locate and opt for the Keychain Access menu there.
- Next, you have to find out the OneDrive option.
- Select and delete the OneDrive Cached Credentials option.
- Navigate to the following path: /Users/<username>/Library/Group Containers/.
- Locate the following two files there.
- You have to delete the above-mentioned two files.
Now, try restarting the OneDrive app. If this doesn’t work, then you have to apply the reinstallation method of the OneDrive app on macOS.
Hopefully, the information was sufficient to resolve the OneDrive You’re syncing a different account issue.