Unable to Fix Error 0x8000ffff? Avail the Most Brilliant Hacks
When you perform the tasks such as Windows update, restore the system or install new programs, you might encounter error 0x8000ffff. Generally, the error appears with a message stating “An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff).” Basically, this error indicates that the Windows 10 is having the update error. Hence, it is essential to remove the error as soon as possible. Delaying might cause various severe issues that can hamper the performance of your system.
Therefore, we recommended you to go through this post. As here, in this post, you will get all the possible ways by following which you will’be able to resolve such Windows error on your own. Hence, take a look below!
Overview: Windows update error 0x8000ffff
Error code 0x8000ffff might be quite problematic. Basically, when this Windows 10 update error occurs, it will restrict you from installing the recent updates and new programs. So, whenever, users receive such error, they get nervous. Apart from this update error, here are some other issues that users mostly faced due to this error code. This include:
- Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8000ffff: It might be the variation of the actual error. Therefore, if you ever face this error then you need to reset the date and time settings as this can a reason for this error.
- 0x8000ffff Windows 7: Basically, this is another variant of the Windows 10 update error but it only appears on the Windows 7. Many Windows 7 users also encounter this issue. Therefore, if you run Windows 7, then you can also face this error. Whenever you come across such kind of error, check the files’ integrity with SFC tool. This handy tool can easily fix such error.
Predictable Reasons Behind Error Code 0x8000ffff
Here, in this section, we have mentioned all the possible factors that are responsible for such kind of update error. Thus, take a glimpse below:
- Malware or virus infection might be the main cause for the Windows 10 error 0x8000ffff.
- Besides, outdated or corrupted device drivers are also responsible for this glitch.
- Incorrect time and date settings can also create such an issue.
- Unnecessary processes or drivers are another potential cause.
- Sometimes, due to the corrupted Windows store cache, this kind of Windows 10 update related issue occurs.
- Corrupted registry entries can also be a cause.
These are the significant causes of this glitch. Apart from these, there are some other factors as well. Now, let’s move on to the next section where we have briefly defined all the possible solution for this issue. Hence, once you have detected the cause, proceed with the solution part.
Troubleshoot update error 0x8000ffff with Reliable Methods:
If you don’t know the proper ways to fix this error, then you have hit the right page. Here, in this segment, we have provided all the possible ways to fix this issue. Go through it and implement accordingly!
Solution 1: Scan your system with Windows Defender
When you encounter such update error, as the first step you should perform a full scan. In such time, you can run the Windows Defender. Besides, you can also use any third party security programs as well. To do so, you need to go to the notification area and then open the Windows Defender. Now, click on the Settings and scroll down to choose the Windows Defender Offline. After this process, you need to ensure that you saved everything since the system will reboot. Now, click on the Scan Offline button a well as the OK button.
Solution 2: Check files integrity with SFC tool
Occasionally, for some apparent causes or due to the virus or malware attack, the system files get damaged or corrupted. As a result, such kind of Windows 10 update error occurs. Thus, in order to check their state, you need to use the Command Prompt. These directions might keep you on the correct track.
- Primarily, go to the start icon.
- Then, click on the Command Prompt (Admin). In case, the Command Prompt (Admin) is not available then you can select the PowerShell (Admin).
- Once you are done, simply enter “sfc/scannow”
- Now, press the OK button.
- After this process, the tool will automatically scan and also repair the damaged or corrupted system files.
Solution 3: Reset the Date & Time and log in as Admin
This process might sound insignificant, but sometimes, incorrect date and time can cause a lot of problems. Mostly with the windows store and its relevant applications. Therefore, you have to be sure that you have set up the valid date and time. In order to check it, you have to do the following:
At first, right-click on the Clock that is present in the bottom right corner. Now, from the menu, simply choose the Adjust Data And Time option. After that, you need to find the Set Time Automatically button and then simply disable that button. Then, wait for a while and turn it back again.
Solution 4: Reset Store cache
Periodically, the Windows Store cache can prevent the installation process of certain apps. This, by running some simple steps you can easily fix this issue if this is the matter. Therefore, press the Windows + R function keys then launch the Run dialog box. Now, in the Run dialog box, simply enter “WSReset.exe “ and hit the Enter key in order to run it. This process might clear all the Windows Store cache. Once the Windows Store cache is cleared, you should be able to update or install any application without 0x8000ffff error
Solution 5: Boot in Safe Mode with Networking and try again
In case, some of the Windows features are inaccurately installed. This is why it can conflict with the update sequence. Thus, you can boot your device in the Safe Mode with Networking then try updating. Basically, this process will exclude unimportant processes and drivers. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, go to the Start icon and select the Settings button.
- Now, click on the Update & Security.
- Then, go to the Recovery and hit the Restart Now button. You will find this option under the Advanced Startup.
- Once your system restarts, look for the Troubleshoot button.
- Once you find that button, just click on that button and navigate to the Advanced Options.
- Now, go to the Startup Settings and press the Restart button.
- After restarting your system, you will see the Safe Mode With Networking button.
- Then, try to install/ update the application you want.
Solution 6: Create a new administrator account
Many users have reported that due to the user account they encounter such update error. Hence, if you don’t have administrative privileges or if your user account is corrupted then you won’t be able to install any application or even download the Windows update. But, such an issue you can easily fix by creating a new administrator account.
Therefore, press the Windows + I function keys all together in order to launch the Settings app. Now, go to the Accounts section and choose the Family & Other People option that is located on the left pane. After that, look for the Add Someone Else To This PC button. You will find it in the right pane. Once you find it, just click on that button and then simply check the I Don’t Have This Person’s Sign-in Information. After that, you will be prompted to create a new Microsoft Account. So, you have to look for and choose the Add A User Without A Microsoft Account button. Now, you can type the Username you want and hit the Next button.
Furthermore, to the administrator account, you have to convert the new account. Therefore, just select the settings and Click on the Accounts button. Now, search for and select the Family And Other People. Then, choose the user account and press the Change Account Type button. Once you are done, simply click on the Account Type Tp Administrator button. Finally, hit the OK button and sign out existing account and switch to the recently created account.
Hopefully, after following the discussed methods, you will be able to install/update your desired application flawlessly. These are the most prominent workarounds for such Windows 10 update issue. Moreover, in case, you have addition queries or questions related to this Windows 10 update error, you can leave comments in the comment section below.