Brilliant Hacks To Troubleshoot Exception Code: 0xc0000005
Exception code 0xc0000005 is one of the general issues that every Windows users are facing. Common causes behind this error include registry problems, corrupt drivers, bad memory, virus infections, DEP functions, system error security etc. Recently, the third-party antivirus software is also responsible behind the 0xC0000005 error. Most of the users want to learn how to fix error 0xc0000005 on their system. If you are searching for similar solutions, then this article will help you to resolve this error. Well, in this guideline, you will get all the important information to troubleshoot error code 0xc0000005.
Effective procedures to get rid of the Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005
We have discussed some of the effective procedures that can help you to get rid of the Windows problem. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Procedure 1 – Fixing faulty drivers
Drivers are software programs that allow computers to communicate with the installed hardware. So if the hardware is damaged, it causes problems. Repairing this damaged driver can help you to resolve this issue. Glance through the steps:
- Press the Windows Home button and X key to open the list. Select the Device Manager application. Alternatively, go to the Search box, type Device Manager and then press the Enter button.
- In that window, scroll down the page and find the hardware device, right click on it. Select the ‘Update Driver Software’ option. In case, an update is required then update it.
- In the next window, tap on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ so that the drivers are automatically installed in the system. On the other side if you want to download the drivers manually, then tap on the ‘Browse’ option and install it. Once it is done, check if the error persists or not.
Procedure 2 – Turn on the Windows firewall
When you see this error on your screen you have to turn on the Windows firewall application. To execute this procedure follow the steps as mentioned below:
- At first, tap on the Windows Start button to open the menu list. Select the Control Panel.
- When that window opens, tap on the Windows Firewall section.
- Tap on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option from the left side panel.
- Then, select the Turn on the Windows firewall option to enable it.
- Tap on the OK option.
Procedure 3 – Update Windows Operating System
After trying the previous procedures if the error still persists, then you can simply update your Operating System.
- Press the Windows Home key along with the I key to open the Settings application.
- In that window, go to the Update and Security section.
- Navigate to the update section which is present in the left side panel.
- Press the option ‘Check for Updates’. Now your system will start to check that any update is available or not.
- If the update is available then click on the Update option.
- Once the update process is done, reboot your system and then check whether the issue is resolved.
Procedure 4 – By using the Windows recovery
By using the Windows recovery process, you can quickly get rid of this error code on your system. Without affecting any files, the restore process can be done easily.
- Press the Windows button + R key to launch the Run box, type Control Panel and then press the Enter button or OK option.
- In the Control Panel window, tap on the Recovery section.
- Then tap on the ‘Open System Restore and be guided by the Windows system prompts’ option.
- Tap on the Next option.
- In the next window, tap on the Repair option. Now your system will start the repair process.
- After executing this process, restart your device and then check if the error code is fixed.
Procedure 5 – Run SFC scan
This is an alternative procedure that you can try to resolve this issue. So you have to run a full scan on your system.
- Firstly, go to the Search box, type cmd and then right click on it. Select the ‘Run as administrator’ option. Alternatively, press the Windows key and X key together to launch the menu list. Choose Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type SFC/scannow command to run this command. Then hit the Enter.
- Once it is executed, restart the system.
Procedure 6 – Disable the DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
Data Execution Prevention is an integrated Windows-level storage protection feature that secures your device from malware or virus. However, some programs are not fit with Windows DEP and possible causes for the occurrence of error 0xc0000005. So you need to disable the DEP on your system.
- Press the Windows key and R key at the same time.
- In the Run box, write ‘sysdm.cpl’ and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- When the System Properties window opens, go to the ‘Advanced’ tab and then tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Tap on the Data Execution Protection tab and tap on the ‘Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select’
- Then tap on the ‘Add’ option and then browse and add all the executable (.exe) files that are creating the issue
- Tap on the ‘OK’ option to save the changes.
Procedure 7 – By using the hardware troubleshooter
This is another solution to fix this error code on your system. Check the steps given below:
- Tap on the Windows key and S key to open the Search box, type Settings and then hit the Enter button.
- When the Settings application opens, go to the Update and Security section.
- Tap on the Troubleshoot section from the left side panel.
- Then tap on the Troubleshoot option to start the troubleshooting process.
- Once the troubleshooting process is done, reboot your system and then if the problem is fixed.
Procedure 8 – Repair the registry files
You can simply repair all the registry files on your system to fix this error code.
- Press the Windows button and R key to open the Run box, write ‘Regedit’, and then press the ‘Enter’ button or click on the OK option.
- In the Registry Editor window, go to the HKLM and then navigate to the SOFTWARE section.
- Then tap on the Microsoft section and then go to the Windows NT.
- Tap on the CurrentVersion and then navigate to the Windows.
- Then double click on the LoadAppInit_DLLs and set the value from 1 to 0.
- Tap on the ‘OK’ option to change the settings.
- Reboot the system.
Procedure 9 – Disable the antivirus
Turning off the antivirus can resolve this issue on your system. In order to fix this issue, you can follow the mentioned below points:
- Launch the Control Panel application.
- When the Control Panel window opens, go to the Programs and Features section.
- In that section, scroll down the page and find the antivirus. Right click on it to open the list.
- Select the Uninstall option. Now your system will start the uninstall process.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned procedures will definitely work to resolve the Exception code: 0xc0000005 on your system. Try these procedures one by one and solve this issue immediately.