Best Techniques to Fix Error Code 0x800706b5 Without Any Hiccups
During the time of installing updates to Windows Operating System, many users face many kinds of issues. But error code 0x800706b5 is an outraged one among the others. This kind of error message can come to your computer screen when the updates that you are trying to install, fails to install correctly. Even it can happen if you reboot your system before the installation of the downloaded updates. If you are already in such a situation and getting this kind of error message saying ‘Windows could not search for new updates,’ then stop worrying. We will help you to get rid of this situation with the help of some effective solutions. You just need to read out this article thoroughly and apply the techniques and methods mentioned over there in a proper way.
Possible Causes of Error Code 0x800706b5:
Though it is really tough to know the actual cause of this issue, there are some reasons which can be the reason behind this. Now, here we are presenting some possible causes that can play a vital role in the issue:
- An uninstallation failure of the files
- Some Windows Update Service issues
- Corrupted Window files
- Incorrectly configured update files
- Nasty virus or malware in the Windows OS
- Incompatible Internet proxy configuration
- Outdated drivers also can cause such a problem
These are some of the common reasons for the error. In the next part of the article, we have described some easy fixes of this error. Try them one-by-one and try to fix the issue as early as possible.
Effective Procedures to Fix Error Code 0x800706b5 in Real Time:
Before performing the upcoming processes go to Shutdown Menu and select Update and then, Restart option. Hope this simple fix will work for you but if it refuses to work, then try the methods stated below.
Procedure 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
There are several preinstalled troubleshooters in Windows 10 that are able to recognize your problem and fix them automatically in no time. These troubleshooters have proven themselves effective in many cases. Moreover, the process is not time taking one. Here is the process:
- Click on the Start button and open the Settings app and then, go to the gear icon.
- Then, you have to open the Update and Security section and go to the Troubleshoot menu.
- Here, start the process by clicking the Windows Update option and follow the onscreen instructions. Also, you need to see if there is anything wrong with Windows Update Services and processes.
- After the completion of the troubleshooting process, go the Troubleshoot section for once. Again, go to the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check whether the problem has resolved or it is still there.
Procedure 2: Reinstall Windows Update
An improper Windows Update is one of the important reasons behind the appearance of such an error. That is why it is a must to check if the Windows Update service is suffering from an issue. If it does, then you need to reinstall the Windows updates. To do so follow the steps below accurately and fix the issue with ease:
Go to the Microsoft site using your internet browser and search for Windows Update Troubleshooter compatible with your OS version. Then download it from there. After doing so, run the tool and let it complete the process to fix the issue.
Procedure 3: Perform a Clean Boot
By performing a clean boot also, the error code 0x800706b5 can be solved. But then, you have to perform the below steps carefully. Take a look at it:
- First of all, go to the Run dialog box and press Windows key + R simultaneously.
- Here, in the Run dialog, you have to type ‘taskmgr’ and then press the Enter button.
- Now in this step, you should disable all of the applications that have been enabled on startup. To do so, select the application and disable it to continue the process.
- Once you are done by pressing the Windows Key + R at the same time, go to the Run dialog again. Now, type the command ‘msconfig’ and hit OK.
- After doing so, the system configuration window will open. From that window, select the services table and check the option to hide all of the Microsoft services.
- You have to disable the remaining services as well.
- Now, give some time to work the procedure properly by restarting your PC.
- Now your windows will be updated.
- In the end, check whether the error code 0x800706b5 has resolved or still there on your computer device.
Hope the above processes have helped you to resolve the problem that you were facing. This kind of error is quite common while using the Windows Operating System. If you find that you are still encountering error code 0x800706b5 in your Windows PC, then you can opt to take help from an experienced professional to eliminate this error from your PC.