How To Fix Error Code 30145-4 While Installing MS Office
Microsoft Office applications get compact when Microsoft released Office 365, Office 2016, etc applications. You can install the Office by buying the original product from the official website of Microsoft. There are several users who observe error code 30145-4 when installing Office.
If you are one of them, then you are in the right place. We have researched this issue and found out several solutions to recover from the error. Use the solutions listed below until you are able to use the Office application.
Salient Fixes to Get Rid of Error Code 30145-4 When Installing Office:
The error code 30145-4 when installing Office may show up due to firewall restrictions, network rules, improper installation, etc. Whatever the reason behind this error code, you can simply resolve the issue just by following the fixes mentioned below.
Fix 1: Disable Windows Firewall
Make sure that the Windows Firewall is not restricting Office to open properly. Perform the steps cited below to deactivate Windows Firewall.
- Search for the Control Panel from the Start menu. Opt for the Control Panel and click on it to explore.
- Go to the System and Security section under the Control Panel window. Next, opt for the Windows Firewall option.
- After that, click the option named ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off’.
- Check the box next to the Turn Off Windows Firewall under both the Private and Public Network Settings sections.
Now, you can try installing Office and check out if the fix has worked or not. You can additionally switch off the third-party antivirus apps on your system if you have one.
Fix 2: Perform SFC Scan
Improper installation can occur due to corrupt files. This issue can be handled by SFC scans. Go through the guidelines to achieve an SFC scan on your Windows device.
- Firstly, you have to open a Command Prompt window. Search for the Command Prompt with the help of the Start menu. Right-click on the Command Prompt option and select the Run As Administrator option.
- Once the Command Prompt appears, enter the following command: sfc/scannow. Press Enter.
The SFC or System File Checker scan starts meanwhile. Wait a while for the scan to complete. After the scan is complete, you can try installing Office. Check out if the error still appears.
Fix 3: Opt for Registry Repair
Error code 30145-4 while installing Office can also appear due to corrupt registry values. Only a key value can be responsible for the malfunctioning of the Office application. Check out the steps that can solve the issue on your device.
- Explore the Registry Editor.
- Locate the following registry keys.
- Delete these keys. After that, you have to delete the Office key.
You should be more careful while handling the Registry keys. Check if the error resolves after this operation.
Fix 4: Repair Office Application
Before you leap to the reinstallation, it’s better to try repairing the Office application. Let’s go through the process stated hereunder.
- Explore the Control Panel through the Start menu.
- Choose the Programs option. Then proceed with the Programs and Features option.
- Select the Office product that you need to repair.
- Opt for the Change option.
- Next, you have to click the Quick Repair option followed by the Repair option.
If you haven’t found it useful, opt for the Online Repair option and confirm the prompt. Check if this resolves the error code 30145-4.
Fix 5: Reinstall Office
If nothing is working for your Office, reinstall the Office app using the simple guidelines cited below.
- Explore the Control Panel. Click the Uninstall Programs and Features option.
- Locate Microsoft Office there.
- Select Microsoft Office and click the Uninstall option.
- After uninstalling, try to run the setup of the Office.
It will start the installation of Microsoft Office, automatically. After installation, check if you notice the error code 30145-4 when installing Office.
We hope that you can easily resolve the error code 30145-4 with the help of this guide.