Essential Guide to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070490 Seamlessly
In today’s era, it is compulsory that you should secure your system for proper functioning. For that, you have to download Windows update and protect your system against any security threats. But many users have reported that they encounter a Windows update error 0x80070490 when they are trying to download the Windows update on their computer. Even some users also found that this error code also generates, when they are trying to update an application from the Microsoft Store. Some people also reported that they encounter this issue when they want to purchase any game or applications from online Microsoft Store.
If you are among one of those users who is coming across Windows failed to install the following update with an error in their PC, then this article is very helpful for you as here we have described all the possible techniques that will surely let you understand what actually this error is. Also, you will get to know what methods you have to follow to fix this error code.
Possible Causes of Error Code 0x80070490 :
There are several reasons which might be responsible for the occurence of this issue. But, here for your help, we have highlighted some of them. Just take a look below to know more about it:
- By default, you have downloaded a corrupt third party software, then you may see this error code on your device.
- In case, you downloaded any corrupt files, then you can see this error on your screen.
- If there is a problem in the Registry files, then also this error code pops up on your system.
Now we know all the possible causes for which this error code might appear on your screen. Let’s have a look at the solutions implementing which might resolve this error. Below we have provided a lot of methods which the users found effective to overcome this issue. Follow the methods which are mentioned below until you find the most appropriate for you that can fix the issue.
Easy Solutions to Fix Error Code 0x80070490 With Ease:
No matter whatever be the cause for the appearance of this error on your PC, there are always some easy and effective solutions which you can implement to eliminate this error. Here are some resolving process provided to fix this issue.
Method 1: Create a New Account
To remove this error code from your screen, you need to create a new user account and move all of your important files within it. So, at first, create a new user account and move all your documents and files on that account. After that, delete your old account. Once you have switched to the new account, then add Microsoft account in it. After that, restart your computer and check whether you have updated your device without this error code or not. Unfortunately, if this issue is still there, then don’t panic, just proceed on to the next method. We have provided more than one solutions to fix this issue.
Method 2: Disable the Third-party Antivirus
If by mistake you have downloaded any third-party security software, then for this, you might encounter this error code on your Windows PC. Many users claimed that they face this 0x80070490 issue during the downloading phase. However, after disabling the third party antivirus, they have easily overcome this issue. So, we suggest you try this method and after that, check if this error code still occurs on your device or not. If unfortunately yes, then have a look at the below method.
Method 3: Run the Troubleshooter
If the above method does not work for you, then you can apply this technique to fix this issue. Here how to run the troubleshooter:
- In the beginning, you have to go to the Settings Option. In the Settings Option, you can see a lot of options present. From there, you should click on the Update & Security button. Then, click on the Troubleshoot button. In the Troubleshoot page, scroll down below and find the Windows update. Then, click on the Run the Troubleshooter.
- Now, you need to follow the on-screen instructions carefully and then, hit the Enter button.
Restart your computer, and if this issue still persists on your computer, then try the next one.
Method 4: Run the System File Checker
As Windows have several inbuilt tools, so let’s try another method to fix this particular error. This time we will use the SFC tool. In case, you don’t have any idea about this tool, then we give you a little information about this tool. With the help of this, you can solve a lot of system problems. However, you need to run this tool with the help of the command prompt. Have a look at the section below:
- At first, click on the Start icon and type ‘cmd’ within the search field and press the Enter button. Now the Command Prompt page will open in front of your screen.
- Enter the ‘sfc/scannow’ commend in the given section and wait sometimes for the completion of this process.
Then, restart your computer and check can you see this Windows update error 0x80070490 on your system or not. In case, you are unlucky, then have a look at the next solution:
Method 5: Use System Restore
System recovery is an inbuilt tool that allows you to recover the certain changes that you have made recently. In short, it is an undo feature and the most important part of the Window. If you think that you made a mistake and want to load your Windows to its previous version, then with the help of this tool you can easily bring it back to its previous version. Here are some quick steps that you should follow:
- At first, go to the home page and press the Windows+ R key together to open the Run command. Then, type ‘rstrui’ and press the Enter button to open the System Restore.
- A new window will pop up on your screen, you should click on Next and check the dialog box that may locate beside the ‘Show more restore points button’. Now, hit the Next button.
- After that, some online instruction may appear on your screen. Once you have read them thoroughly, then click on the Finish button.
The restoring process now begins. After the beginning of the process, wait for sometime and then, restart your machine and check if any change happens or not. If not, then look at the next solution.
Method 6: Upgrade Your OS
By updating your Windows to its version, you can fix this issue. So, go to your operating system’s home page and search for the best-recommended version for your operating system.
Now, read the online instructions and after that, click on the OK button for updating. Once, this process gets completed, then restart your machine. Hope this issue will not occur in your device anymore.
Hope that with the help of the above steps, you can surely resolve the Windows update error 0x80070490 on your own. But in case, you face any situation where you fail to resolve this error, then get in touch with a professional to overcome this critical situation.