Error Code 0x8007045d – Some Effective Hacks To Fix It
Users of any version of Windows OS encounter this Windows error code 0x8007045d when they reinstall the OS of their device. If you cancel the installation of OS, the changes made to your device will not be saved. Windows cannot be able to install all the system files and this cause the error code 0x8007045d.
Symptoms of the Error Code 0x8007045d?
When this Error strikes to your Device, you can see such error message on the screen –
“Error 0x8007045D: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error” or something similar.
This upper error message will occur when you try to back up the programs of your device on an external Storage device. If this error will strike during the reinstallation of Windows OS then, this error message will appear on the screen –
“Windows can not install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available. Error code: 0x8007045d.”
You may face these below problems when you encounter this Windows error code.
- Freezing of the screen.
- The Windows will not be installed or updated.
- Black screen.
- Even, some cases “Blue Screen of Death” occur.
Why Error Code 0x8007045d Occurs – Major Causes behind It
There are a large number of potential causes behind the error 0x8007045d. This error points towards the damaged disk drive. This error also strikes when the drive controller has malfunctioned. So, before fixing it one should know the cause of this issue. The most possible reasons behind this troublesome issue are listed below:
- Virus infection
- Stick media error.
- Registry files are damaged.
- Corrupted registry files.
- Corrupted memory files.
- Damaged hard disk.
How to Fix Error 0x8007045d – Some Easy Methods from the Experts
This error indicates that there are some issues in the registry files of your device. It is a minor error but if you do not solve it instantly, then this will damage the operating system files. So, after detecting the main reason behind this error, you have to perform these methods which we are going to discuss below.
Method 1: Start Your Device in Safe Mode
Boot your device in safe mode and make sure that you can complete it without any errors. It will help to repair the system configuration files. To boot your device just follow these below steps.
- Press the Windows key and R key on the Keyboard at the same time. Then, type ‘msconfig’ and click the Enter key to open the System Configuration.
- Go to the Boot tab. Choose ‘Safe Boot’ option under the Boot option. Then click OK.
- Now, Restart your device.
In Safe mode, try to copy the files to check it will be successful or not. If you are able to copy the files successfully, it means that the third party services cause this troublesome. So, identifying these third-party softwares, you have to put the system in a clean boot state. After identifying, you have to install or disable this software. So, perform these below steps to put your device in a clean boot state.
- Press the Windows key and R key at the same time. Then, type ‘msconfig’ and press Enter key to open the System Configuration.
- Go to the General tab. Choose Selective startup and uncheck the Load startup items.
- On the Services tab, disable all the Microsoft Services.
- Click OK. Restart your device.
- When it is completed, try to copy these files again, and if you are successful then find the exact third Party service which is the main cause.
- Enable all the options which you disabled previously to exit from the clean boot mode.
Method 2: Update the Device Drivers
You can update the drivers of the storage device to get rid of this issue.
- Type ‘msc’ on the Run box and then press Enter key to open the Windows device manager.
- Find the corrupted CD-ROM/DVD drives, IDE ATAPI/ATA controller and right-click on it.
- Choose Update Driver Software and follow the instructions to update the Drivers.
Method 3: Use the Disk Check Utility
Scan the files of the hard drive using the Disk Check, and then fix the corrupted files.
- First, go to the Start button and type ‘cmd’. It will open the Command Prompt utility. You have to select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt section, type “chkdsk e: /F /R /X /B” and press Enter key on the keyboard.
- It will start the scanning. It will take several hours to complete.
- After completing the scan, restart your device.
Method 4: Remove all Connected Media Device
Sometimes, the connected media device block the Windows to progress its update process and you may encounter this error code 0x8007045d. So, disconnect all such media devices from your device to get rid of this issue. Now, check if you can reinstall the OS or not. If you face this problem till now, then don’t worry. Just follow the last method. It may solve your issue.
Method 5: Compress the Hard Disk
When you encounter this error code 0x8007045d on the time of backing up files to an external storage device, then this method is a worth try. It will definitely help you to resolve this common troublesome. To compress the hard disk, just follow these instructions step by step.
- Go to the Start section and choose the Control Panel.
- Now, click on the ‘System and Security’.
- Choose the option “Create and format hard drive partitions”.
- On the Disk management screen right click all the disk which need to be compressed.
- Now, Click on Shrink Volume.
- Restart your device and check the issue still persists or not.
These are the all effective methods to fix this Error code 0x8007045d. Hopefully, these methods will solve your problem. If you still face this problem, then contact our experts.