A Complete Guide to Troubleshoot the Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e: Amazing Hacks at Your Fingertips
Blue Screen Error 0x0000007e or blue screen of death is one of the most common occured problems for Windows users. This particular error is irritating because it does not show any kind of error notification. Instead, it causes a sudden shutdown or restarts the system continuously. So today we will guide you to understand what is error 0x0000007e and what you should do if the problem occurs in your device.
Windows error 0x0000007e is a system message which indicates, that the operating system is unable to access systems files, operating drives, ports, hard disks or others installed hardware on the computer. Under normal system operation, the Window error handler will discover the issues upon booting the device. Then display the error prior to end-user logging into the system.
Cause of Error 0x0000007e
It is indeed beneficial to know what is the actual reason for the error to avoid the same problem in the future and take precaution for it. So which factor can actually cause the problem? Blue screen of death generally cause for Hard Drive corruption but besides that sometime mishandling of the system can also cause the problem.
After a little bit of research, we found some potential reasons which can cause the Error 0x0000007e in a device. These reasons are:
- Outdated BIOS
- When Driver installation goes Wrong
- The driver is not compatible with the system
- The sudden removal of a USB device when its media or application is running
- Damage Hard Drive or the Hard Drive memory is full
- When Audio/Video Adapter needs additional drivers.
- If the user gives wrong input during starting or booting of the system
Hope now you get a clear idea about common causes of error 0x0000007e problem. Now it’s time to grasp some simple methods to solve the problem.
Effective Tips to Fix Error 0x0000007e:
Now we have come to the most important part of the article, How to Solve the Error 0x0000007e? Well, there are numbers of options available to troubleshoot and repair the 0x0000007e depending on the root of the problem. So please carefully read the full article to solve the problem with the appropriate method.
Method 1: Check Hard Drive
As we discussed above, Error 0x0000007e is mainly a Hard Drive related problem. So the first thing you should do is check your Hard Drive status. The best method to point out the Hard Drive problem is using the Command Prompt. To use the Command Prompt follow the below steps:
- At first, open the Start menu from your device and then type CMD in the search box. For XP users, you can open the Run dialogue box and then type CMD.
- When the Command Prompt Box open, simply type “CHKDSK” and press Enter.
- The moment you Run the command, your device will automatically start scanning the Hard Disk and point out an error from it.
If it finds out any major error then you can replace the Hard Drive, and for the minor issue, you can also check our other articles to troubleshoot the Hard Drive error problem. Otherwise, you can simply contact the manufacturer for further guidance.
Method 2: Repair Faulty Registry
If you think that Error 0x0000007e occurred in your device for some fault in Registry part then you have to use the Registry Editor to fix the problem. Here is the guide on using the Registry Editor. Perform as directed below:
- Open your device and activate the Safe Mode.
- Then open the Run Dialogue box and type “regedit” on it. Next, press Ok to open the Registry Editor.
- Now, you have to locate the following Registry Key:
- After locating the Registry Key you have to right click on it. Then select the Modify option and change the Value Data option to 4. Once you complete the process press the Ok button to save the changes.
After completing the whole process you have to exit the Registry Editor and then Restart the PC.
Method 3: Update Your BIOS
Updating the BIOS or Basic Input Output System can be an effective way to solve the Error 0x0000007e problem. Because it not only saves the booting time and improve the performance but also remove bugs and solves any potential error, includes the blue screen of death.
But before starting the BIOS update you have to find a few things which is very important for the update process. The complete guide is given below.
Find the Current BIOS Version
The very first thing you have to look for is the current version of the BIOS. Checking the BIOS version is not a hard job. You have to open the Start menu and type system information on it. Now open the search result and look for the Current BIOS version from the right side of the Window.
Check Motherboard Model Number
After checking the BIOS version your next step will be getting the details of your Motherboard Model using the command prompt. So you have to open the Run dialogue box once again by pressing Windows+R key but this time you have launch command prompt from it by using cmd command. Then write down the following command to get the Manufacture name, product name, serial number, and version of the Motherboard:
“wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serial number”
Download and Access BIOS Page
Now that you got all the details of Motherboard and BIOS the only thing left is to head towards the manufacturer’s website to download the latest version of your BIOS. Once you downloaded the latest version of the BIOS in zip format, extract the main file from it. Next, put a USB flash drive into the device and put the BIOS update file on it (Since your BIOS won’t be able to access your computer’s file). Then restart your device and enter your BIOS key (F12 and Del+Esc is the BIOS function key for the most of the device) to access the BIOS page. Before starting the update, backup the current version of the BIOS for precaution. In case your BIOS update doesn’t pair with your device, it can be restored to the previous version.
In most cases, you will see a Boot tab in the BIOS page. Select it to check if the USB drive shows up and enable any Flash option in the menu. Next click on the Start Flash option from the Advanced tab to start the update process. Once the update is done, your device will automatically fix the error.
Some certain steps from this section might not match with your device. Hence, rely on the BIOS manufacturer support site for this particular section.
Method 4: Change the Video Adapter
If the above methods do not work for you to remove the Error 0x0000007e. Try changing the video adapter to solve the issue. So follow the below steps to successfully conduct the process.
- Open the Run dialogue box and launch “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter button.
- Now from the open list expand the Display adapters. Then right-click on your current video adapter driver and select Update Driver Software option.
- From the new window click the Browse my computer for driver software and choose the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- Next, select a different video adapter from the currently active one and click Next.
Now you have to simply wait for the new adapter to install and then restart your computer. After the restart process check if the problem is fixed or not.
Method 5: Clear Hard Disk Space
Many online reviews claim that when your Hard Disk is jam-packed filled with document and stuff then it can also cause the blue screen problem. So you can just delete some unnecessary junk from your Hard Disk. Below mentioned are some of the easy methods to delete junk, temp and other unwanted files to clean up a good amount of space quickly when you are in hurry.
- Open Run dialogue box and type “prefetch” to launch it. Then select all the file from the folder (which are mostly small files detailing the startup activities of frequently used application programs). And delete it.
- Type “%temp% “ and launch it from Run dialogue box to select all the temporary and foo file from the folder and delete them.
- Restarting the device will also create some space by deleting some system catch
- You can also free up a good amount of space by deleting some file which is not used for a long time. Instead of pointing them out one by one you can type and launch Cleanmgr.exe. In the open window, you will get the list of files which is not used by you for a long time. Select all the file and delete them all together to save space.
Hope these methods able to properly guide you to fix the blue screen error 0x0000007e problem for your device. If you still facing the blue screen problem then you can get in touch with an expert for better guidance. In case you have a second thought, let us know in the comment box below.