Get Hands-On Amazing Hacks to Resolve Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014
While updating the Windows to Windows 10 Pro version on your computer generally users encounter this error code 0xc004f014 very often. This is an activation error which you will generally receive in the OEM(original equipment manufacturing) computers. Moreover, during updating Windows you might also come across this error. Another effective cause is due to the problem in the product key of your computer. Hence, in this technical blog, we are going to discuss all the possible ways to resolve the Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014. Go through the article thoroughly and get rid of this error in no time.
Possible Reasons Behind Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f014
The background reasons for the Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f014 are as follows:
- If you are using a different product key to activate Windows 10 on your computer or are using a repaired version of Windows then you might receive this error.
- Due to the use of the copy version of Windows 10 on more than one computers.
- If you are using a duplicate software of Windows 10 which does not have a proper license or activation key, then it triggers the generation of this error.
- Sometimes, if you are making a rapid hardware change on your computer then you might face the activation error on your computer.
- Due to the usage of a second-hand computer in which the product key is used multiple times.
These are some of the prominent reasons why you receive the Windows 10 error code 0xc004f014 while updating to Windows 10. So once you have identified the exact cause, proceed with the solution part.
Trending solutions to Resolve Windows Activation Status not Available
Any problem in your windows can hamper the performance of your system. Hence, it is always wise to remove the error at the earliest. So in case you are not aware of the process to resolve Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014, try out the reliable solutions that are given below. This include:
- Using the default product key.
- By using the Windows Activation troubleshooter.
- Changing the product key using the Command Prompt.
Solution 1. Using the default product key
In case, you are unable to activate Windows 10 with the phone call then try using the default product key.
At first, create a doc file with the new registration key and the generic registration key for Windows 10 Pro version. Then, right-click on the Windows logo key and click on Network Connections. After that, right-click on Ethernet Connection and choose the option Disable to turn it off. Then restart your computer. Next, open the doc file which you have created and copy the generic registration key. Now, right-click on Start key on your computer screen and choose System and click on the option Change Product Key. Thereafter, paste the generic key and choose the Start Update option which is present in the lower right corner. Once you have updated the Windows on your computer immediately, restart your computer and login back to your computer. Now, check whether the edition is Windows 10 Pro. Post this, copy the activation key to the doc file. Then, enable the network connections on your computer. Now, right-click on Windows logo key on your keyboard and then hit the Change Product Key and put the product key and choose the option Next. Then, after some time you will be notified that the Windows 10 Pro is legal.
Solution 2. By using the Windows Activation troubleshooter
You can use the troubleshooter in this way on your computer to activate Windows:
- Press the Windows key and the letter I simultaneously from your keyboard to open the Settings on your computer.
- Then, click on Updates & Security and then choose the option Activation.
- In case, the Windows is improperly activated on your computer then you will get the option to Troubleshoot.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot key to scan for a related issue.
- After that, go through the on-screen instructions to resolve the activation status on your computer.
Solution 3. Changing the product key using the Command Prompt
Go through the guidelines to change the product key using the Command Prompt on your computer:
- Press, the Windows key from your keyboard.
- Then, in the search panel type ‘cmd’ and right-click on it.
- After that, click on Run as administrator.
- Now, in the Command Prompt type the command ‘vbs -ipk xxxx- xxxx- xxxx- xxxx(here the xxxx stand for the product key of your computer).
- Next, wait for the completion of the process.
- Once, the process is completed reboot your computer
In this article, we have provided the guidelines to resolve the issue. Therefore go through this article to resolve the Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014 issue without any difficulties. Also, you can check the user guide for any other urgent issue.