Microsoft Office Can’t Find Your License For This Application [Resolved]
Microsoft Office has a Product ID key that needs to be purchased by the user to use it. Unfortunately, many times users confront an error message that says “Microsoft Office can’t find your license for this application.”
This basically means that Microsoft is unable to verify your Office software license. This can be pretty unfortunate when you have work to finish and have a deadline.
Usually, this error message is related to the inability of service “sppsvc.exe” to get executed and run on your system.
Solutions for “Microsoft Office Can’t Find Your License For This Application” Error Message
Before moving on to the solutions, keep in mind that Microsoft Office should be updated to the newest version for smooth functioning. Besides, if you are using a pirated version of Microsoft Office then it is required for you to buy a license.
Solution 1: Restart sppsvc.exe
The first and foremost step involves restarting of sppsvc.exe. You will be able to locate the sppsvc.exe easily in the services list. The startup type should be set to automatic.
- Press both Windows and S keys together. Once the dialogue box appears, type “sppsvc.exe” and then hit the Enter button.
- Within the services tab, locate Software protection and then right-click on it. Select Properties from the drop-down list of options.
- If the process is stopped, you will see an option to start it. Select the Start option situated below Service status.
- During the entire process, internet speed should be sufficiently high. Now try to initiate the Office product. This process should fix the problem for you, provided that the product ID is valid.
In case, you are unable to start the process, it is recommended to make use of the Registry to change the ownership of it. Follow the steps provided below one by one.
- Press both Windows + R keys simultaneously to evoke the Run window and then type “regedit”. Press Enter.
- Within the Registry Editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
- Right-click and then choose Permissions. Click on sppsvc and then put a checkmark on Full Control. Press Apply and then Exit. Restart your system and see if the problem gets resolved.
Solution 2: Use Registry Editor to Start the Process
If the method mentioned above does not fix the issue for you, then it is important to start the process forcefully through the registry editor. Here is how it can be done.
- Press both Windows + R keys to evoke the Run window and then type “regedit” within it. Press Enter.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sppsvc.
- Locate the DelayedAutoStart key situated on the right side. Double click on it and set the value to 0. Click on Ok.
- Now, locate and double-click the type key and then set its value to 20. Click on Ok.
- Restart your system and start the Microsoft Office application again. Check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Solution 3: Run DISM
If none of the solutions stated above works for you then use the DISM tool and see if that fixes the error for you. Here are the steps you need to follow to run DISM.
To get a quick scan for corruption, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Start and then type cmd within the search bar. Click on the search result and run it as an administrator.
- Now enter the following command
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Press Enter
This will look for any data corruption within your system that needs to be fixed.
For a more detailed scan, follow these steps:
- Go to Start and launch the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the command mentioned below
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and hit Enter.
It will take some time to check for any issues and its subsequent repairment.
If you want both detailed scan and repair, follow the steps below.
- Go to Start and then click on Command Prompt. Run it as an administrator.
- Enter the following command
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
After implementing these steps the DISM tool will replace and download any damaged files in Windows 10.