Remove Office 365 Account From Windows 10: Steps By Step Guide
Have you decided to remove Microsoft Office 365 account from your PC? Then, probably you are wondering what is the right way to do so. Maybe you want to renew the MS Office license or maybe you just wish to remove it anyway.
Regardless of the reason, you can remove the account in a few minutes if you follow this guide on how to remove Office 365 account from Windows 10. Follow the methods written in the next section so that you can apply the steps without any hassle.
3 Quick Methods to Remove Office 365 Account from Windows 10
This section consists of easy steps that you can apply within minutes and get the Microsoft account removed instantly as per your preference. So, let’s begin.
Method 1: Remove Office 365 Account by Switching to Local Account First
First, you need to log into Windows 10 using the Microsoft account that you use. Once you are logged in, launch the “Settings” box by pressing the “Windows” and the “I” key. When the “Settings” box opens, select the option that says “Accounts”.
Now, proceed with the steps mentioned below:
- Choose the option that says “Your Info” which is located on the left panel. Thereafter, choose the option that says “Sign In With A Local Account Instead”.
- Now, the PC will ask you for the personal password that you use for Microsoft Account. Type in the password and then the “Next” button on the bottom right.
- Next, put forth the username and password. Additionally, you will be asked to re-enter the password and password hint which are optional. But putting the username and password is mandatory.
- Now, click on the “Sign Out” option and click on “Finish”. After this, you will be signed out from the MS account.
- Now, when you try to log in again, you will be asked to sign in. Use the newly made username and password so that you can log in.
- Then, go to “Settings” from the Windows Start menu and then click on the “Accounts” option. From there, choose the “Sign in with MS Account” option. Now, you can sign into MS account using whichever email you prefer.
In this way, you can remove the previous MS account with the help of using a new one. You can remove MS account by using the following methods too.
Method 2: Remove MS Office 365 Account Using Settings
To remove the MS Account from Setting, first, launch the “Settings” option from the startup menu and click on the “Accounts” option. Now, choose the MS account from the “Other People” tab. Then click on the “Remove” button.
Now, you will be asked for a confirmation to remove it or not. Select the option that says “Delete account” and then select the option called “data”. This action will get rid of the MS account from the Windows PC.
Check out the next method as well to remove Office 365 account from Windows 10.
Method 3: Remove MS Office 365 Account Using Control Panel
To remove the account from “Control Panel”, first, open the “Control Panel” from the search bar of the startup menu. Then, click on the option that says “Accounts”. From there, click on the option that says “Remove user account”.
Now, choose the MS account that you would like to remove and click on the option called “Delete The Account” which is located on the left panel. Upon doing that, you will be asked for confirmation. Allow the confirmation to remove the account from Windows successfully.
Hopefully, this article served your purpose in removing MS Office 365 account from the Windows OS.
But we are sure enough that you can completely eliminate the problem if you go through the above article thoroughly.