[Solved] This Action Is Only Valid For Products That are Currently Installed
Microsoft Office offers you various applications from its entire suite of technologies. You can choose free trial versions or paid versions according to your choice and liability.
There are many users who are dealing with ‘This action is only valid for products that are currently installed’ issue. You can get the issue if you try to open any application from the Microsoft Office suite.
You may be using any version of Microsoft Office, but you can get this error. Let’s see how you can get rid of this error.
Methods to Solve ‘This action is only valid for products that are currently installed’:
Well, you can easily understand that the error is caused due to incompatible Microsoft Office application range. Therefore, you should try to apply fixes regarding the Microsoft Office. As we mentioned before that you can face the error in any version of Microsoft Office.
Let’s continue to take a look at the solutions.
Fix 1: Try a Fresh Installation of Office 2010
If you are using Office 2010 on your Windows operating system, then you can surely follow this fix. After applying this fix, you’ll get a freshly installed Office 2010 on your Windows operating system.
- Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and ‘Programs and Features’ options, consecutively.
- Scroll down the installed applications in order to find if the trial version of Office is installed.
- If you find it, then highlight it. Next, click on the Uninstall button.
- Next, you need to repair Office 2010 by using the instructions below. Again, proceed to the Control Panel.
- Select Programs and ‘Programs and Features’ options, consecutively.
- Locate ‘Microsoft Office 2010’ in the list of installed applications over there.
- Highlight that option and continue to the Change option.
- Next, you have to opt for the Repair option and click on Continue.
Wait until the repair completes. Check if you are now able to launch that problematic application of Office 2010. Well, this option really goes well with Office 2010. But it doesn’t mean you can’t apply this to other Office versions. To know more, please continue to next fixes.
Fix 2: Uninstall Trial Version of Microsoft Office
Whatever Microsoft Office version you are using, you can apply this fix to every version. This is a universal fix to ‘This action is only valid for products that are currently installed’ issue for Microsoft Office range.
It is advised to follow the guidelines that are easy enough to understand and apply.
- Launch the Run dialog box on your screen. You can search for the Run box. Otherwise, press and hold Win+R keys simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
- Next, fill it with ‘control’ and click on the Ok button to proceed. This will launch the Control Panel on your computer.
- Scroll down through the listed applications there under the Programs and Features section.
- Locate trial versions of Office, if any.
- Highlight those trial versions by clicking on them for once.
- Next, head towards the Uninstall button and click on it to uninstall those trial versions.
This will uninstall all the trial versions of Office installed on your system. Check if you can open that Office application now.
Fix 3: Repair Microsoft Office
If you still fail to open the Microsoft Office even after applying the previous fix, then you might need to perform this fix. This fix is a kind of compliment to the previous fix. Give it a try if you find it difficult to open the Office due to ‘This action is only valid for products that are currently installed’.
- Launch the Run dialog box by using the above-mentioned steps.
- Type ‘control’ and press Enter. This will launch the Control Panel again.
- Go to Programs. Then proceed to the Programs and Features option.
- Here you will get all the installed applications on your computer.
- You need to choose the Microsoft Office application. Highlight it just by clicking on it.
- Now, go to the Change button. You’ll get two options, namely Quick Repair, and Online Repair. Choose accordingly.
You need to wait until the process completes. Next, check whether you are able to launch any application of Microsoft Office.
Fix 4: Reinstall Office
If the error is too arrogant, then you must apply this fix. This will surely eradicate ‘This action is only valid for products that are currently installed’ issue. Before you begin with the steps, you should keep aside the ID or product key of your Microsoft Office. You need to follow the steps exactly the way they are mentioned below.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Search for ‘Add or Remove Programs’ by typing the same in the search bar.
- Click on the Add or Remove option from the result.
- You can locate all the installed applications on your system. Highlight the Microsoft Office that you are currently using.
- Next, proceed to the Uninstall button to uninstall the application.
- Confirm all the prompt messages.
- Next, you might need all the on-screen guidelines to finish the task.
Wait until the uninstallation completes. Once the uninstallation completes, you have to reinstall the Microsoft Office again on your system. Restart your computer and download the latest version of the Microsoft Office tool.
Next, run the installed application and provide Admin credentials and product key, whenever and wherever needed. After the MS Office gets installed, check if the error persists.
Hopefully, you have found the solutions to fix the above-mentioned error. This error can be annoying to all the users so it’s better to eradicate the error as soon as possible. We are sure that all the above fixes will help you to get out of this irritating error.