How to Perform a Microsoft Office 365 Download?
As mentioned earlier, Microsoft Office is available for both home and business. Thus, before the installation of Office for Home Products, one needs to go to their official website and sign in with their existing/new Microsoft Account. After that, they need to type their product key (as provided by the retailer).
On the other hand, in the case of Office for a business subscription plan, the user will not be able to see any option for installation unless they are provided with a legitimate license.
Besides, before starting the download process, you need to make sure that your PC/Mac meets the system requirements.
Download and Install Windows 365 on PC
Let’s discuss the download and install process of Microsoft Office 365 for PC. Follow the steps given below to do so
- Navigate to the official website of Microsoft Office and Sign in with the details. Keep in mind that your account should be signed in with the Office version currently used by you. This means it can either be Work, School or Microsoft Account respectively. After completing the sign-in process, follow the steps given below according to your account.
For Microsoft Account
- Within the home page of Office, click on “Install Office”.
- Now, Select Install.
For Work/School Account
- Go to the Home page of Office 365 and click on Install Office apps.
- Choose Office 365 apps to start the installation process.
This ends the download process of Microsoft Office 365 on your system successfully.
Now, to finish the installation process, follow the steps given below
- According to your browser, select Run, Setup, or Save File.
- Once the User Account Control prompts “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”, click on Yes to initiate the installation process.
- If the installation gets completed, you will see the “You’re all set! Office is installed now” text on your screen. They will also show you the location where you will be able to find the Office applications after download. Click on Close.
Download and Install Windows 365 on Mac
To download and install Office 365 on your Mac, make sure to follow the steps exactly as given below
Go to the official website of Microsoft Office and Sign in with proper details, if you are not signed in already.
You need to sign in with account related to your Office version, which means, it can be a Microsoft, Work, or School account accordingly.
Once done, follow the steps according to your account in order
For Microsoft Account
- Go to the Home page of Office.
- Click on “Install Office” to start the download.
For Work/School Account
- Go to Office 365 home page
- Click on Install Office apps.
- Now, select Office 365 apps to start the download
By following the above-stated steps, you will be able to download Office 365 successfully.
To complete the installation further, follow the steps mentioned below
- Launch the Finder and then go to Downloads. Click twice on the Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (name may vary)
- Once the first installation appears, Click on Continue to start the installation.
- Take a thorough look into the software license agreement and then click on Continue. Agree to the terms of the software license agreement by clicking on Agree.
- Choose the way you want to Install Office and then click on Continue. Check the disk space requirements or make changes within the install location. Click on Install.
- If prompted, type your Mac login password and then click on Install Software.
- This will initiate the installation for you. Click on Close, once it gets installed.
Is Office 365 Download Free for Students?
Office 365 Education, must not be very unfamiliar to you, isn’t it? For those who do not know, Office 365 Education is an initiative taken by Microsoft for students that grant them permission to install Office applications like Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, Access, and Publisher for up to 5 PC/Mac.
Moreover, they can also access Office apps through their mobile phones, tablets, and iPads.Now the question arises, is it free? Well, Yes. These applications are completely free for students and they can use these applications anytime until they graduate from school.
How to Download Office 365 for Students?
Students feel privileged by it being absolutely free for use and therefore it is popular among them as well. However, to download Office 365 free for students, make sure to follow the steps given below in sequence
- Go to the official website of Office for students and then click on the Student link.
- Click on “Get Started” and enter your School/University email address.
- If you do not have a Microsoft Account, it will ask you to create one. However, if you do have, it will say that you are already signed in. Now, sign in with your school/university account. Once done, you will be able to download any office application from the list.
- Unmark the boxes beside “Make Bing your search engine” and “make MSN your browser homepage” if you do not want it. Click on Install Now.
- Choose the location where you want it to get installed and then click on save. Select the file that got downloaded and then on “Yes” to start the installation.
- All the Applications will start installing at this moment. Once “You’re all set! Office is installed now” message appears on your screen, click on Close.
Note: Microsoft Access won’t be downloaded for Mac users. Hence, for that, Mac users will have to use a PC.
How to Create Office 365 Students Account? (For Education Verified Tenant)
To create an Office 365 account for an education verified tenant, follow the steps given below orderly
- Go to the official website of Office 365 for school and click on Get Started for Free.
- Now, select “Create a New Account” and then register all the information like country/region, first name, school email address, school phone number, school name, and school size.
- Click on Next and create an admin account by entering information like username, password, and domain name.
- Note the username and password and then click on Create my account. Now, provide the phone number for access code and prove that you are not a robot.
- Select “You’re ready to go” and “I’ll verify later”. Click on Yes once the confirmation prompt appears.